White Widow - First Grow

Ok I’ll see how quick I can get some revive if not cal/mag is easily accessible at a local store.
Thanks Jerry :v:

3 Likes

Happy weekend everyone! Water change day tomorrow for me and looking for advice on when I should be removing the big fan leaves?(there’s 4 remaining) I’ve tucked them away by tying them down for now.
Cheers

5 Likes

For every article or person that says remove you will get another saying you shouldn’t.
I personally lollipop, top, and trim,I find that removing the large leaves only results in the smaller ones taking its place. Some may argue it takes more energy but that would have to be something you decide for each strain.
I believe in defoliation and some believe in total defoliation, when dealing with autos I would caution against but again you’ll have to decide whats best.
The common rule on large fan leaves are to remove if they are blocking light of bud sites, and never to remove more than 20% at a time.

4 Likes

Thanks @Bplatinum9. I think I’ll keep tucking for now, it doesn’t seem like they’re blocking any bud sites yet since I have them tied down. I’ll do some defoliating once it’s necessary which I assume will be soon enough!

3 Likes

@Flyers28,

Bplatinum9

[#ChampionToMe] :clap:

((#ForTheWin)): :clap:

((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

--

((#SheIsLookingVeryHappy)): :smiley:

--

3 Likes

Day 43 (19/28) late veg extended 14 days.
She’s not very tall. Seems after I topped there hasn’t been much vertical growth. The second fan seems pretty far away right now. I did a big trim hopefully didn’t take too much. What do you think? @Bloodydrake @Russel_Richardson @Bplatinum9

5 Likes

Looks fine to me man :+1: nice and healthy. I extended my late veg 3 weeks and I was heavy on the trimming. If you have more than one of this strain you could let it go after your extension if it’s not ready just to see where it stretches. Then you know next time you’ll know you can either leave it or extend it further. That’s kind of how I’ve been approaching my grows, experimenting with things, trial and error :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Russel. That’s a good idea I will probably run it again to help get a better grasp on growing. Glad you think it looks healthy. I’ll see how it is in 9 days and think about extending one more week
:pray::v:

4 Likes

I’d plan on extending a couple more Weeks as needed. Looking good!

3 Likes

Day 48
The two new main tops are starting to grow new internodes below. Should those be trimmed to focus on the main colas? I trim and new growth just fills in the middle. I’ve extended and have roughly 10 days left in veg

4 Likes

Let her keep on truckin man. I cleaned up all my branches more or less until transition. Now I’m a little over a week in flower (3+weeks later) and I’ve still taken the odd branch off, knowing it’s going to get taken off sooner or later cause it’s getting lost in the stretch. Just going by my previous grows. But honestly just do what you feel. You’ll have more than a couple chances to try and “perfect” growing in this box, I use quotations cause every grow will be different more or less. But I personally think you should get closer to the 2nd fan, at least the bottom of it or near anyway

6 Likes

Day 54 (30/35)
Gave her a hair cut. She’s starting to finally gain some vertical height rather than just bushing out. I’ve decided I’m committed to reaching the bottom of the second fan in late veg so I’m guessing 2 more weeks to add but I’ll just do 1 at a time. Bottle 3 and 4 are getting low so I’m glad I have 2 more sets of nutrients on hand.

6 Likes

Looking great! If you want it to focus more on vertical try taking off as much as you can at the bottom. You’ve seen my grow, she didn’t miss a beat and that way there’s no wasted energy on off chute branches you’ll cut off in the end. I just did my d&f last night and cut some lanky ass branches off that we’re just nute suckers in my opinion lol. I’ll post the pics of those later so you know what I mean. Totally up to you but like I said then your not really wasting nutes on growth you’ll just get rid of. Once I hit flower then I stopped the heavy trim and let her go fill out, which she did and some lol… :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for the help @Russel_Richardson. I think I know what you mean I was just worried about taking off too much. I will clean up all the internodes and leave just the main ones. Thanks again for taking the time to steer me in the right direction!

2 Likes

Honestly I know the feeling. I felt that when I had to supercrop 5 of my colas. I’ve learned over the years that these are super resilient plants. Mine didn’t skip a beat with the heavy trimming I did. But don’t do it just cause I’m suggesting it. Do what you feel is comfortable for you, and being your first grow if you don’t take stuff off you’ll know, okay I could have done away with this and that etc.

I just cut these nute suckers off lol

6 Likes

Ok I see what you mean. Not much to come of that branch you cut off. No sense wasting time, energy and nutes on something that will be removed later. Thanks again Russel cheers buddy

4 Likes

How does this look @Russel_Richardson?

9 Likes

Also good luck to your 49ers this weekend @Stephen! Enjoy the game

2 Likes

Looks like when my girl was a wee one, looks good dude.

2 Likes

Haircut

12 Likes