Looking for pests but can’t see any with the naked eye. What would cause this on the leaves?
@SilverGrobo I thought this might be that (pseudo-technical term is “tearing”, small blemishes grow into larger blemishes basically) but would be interested in some closer-ups of some areas of the pic:
- @f_mcdonald - Is this just dust or some other spec? Check really close up to make sure it doesn’t have legs; I doubt it does, but it’s worth double-checking just in case:
- A close-up of this area would be good, from the top and the bottom of the leaf; it’s the trails of bumps that are interesting (but hopefully nothing):
Here’s my other observations:
Referencing your pics from this post:
Lemon Kush Late Vegetation (day 9/14)
- This shows a better “before” picture of what one of the blemishes looked like when it was smaller:
- That blemish then tore into a seemingly larger hole as it grew:
There is a yellow border around the tears – so that means they’re likely not fresh new bug bites. There would be green leaf at the edges if it was being eaten.
- That said, something caused the damage in the first place. It’s worth investigating just in case it wasn’t just some leaves stuck together or a slip of the trimming scissors.
TLDR; it looks like something happened to those leaves days or weeks ago and a small blemish grew into a larger-scale version of itself. If they start to appear more often without the smooth yellow border it’s definitely something to be concerned about, but at this point I’d double-check for any other signs and continue to monitor for any new occurrences.
why i cant see the images
Happens to me all the time … leaves get restricted and continue to grow and they are fragile so some rip and continue to grow … happens to me and I never have bugs …
cant see the pictures…
OMG its like some buds eating the leaves
Looks like some early leaf damage. It’s only on those couple of leaves. One of the earlier responses pointed it out to me So far, so good