Ok, so I’ve decided to return my generic chinese water chiller. I’m going to go with the following chiller, as suggested by @Bplatinum9 and a couple of others:
That said, I have a few questions about the accessories I need to buy to make this optimal for Grobo use that I think would help other newbies as well and am hoping you guys can help:
- What are the pros and cons on submersible vs external pumps?
- Should I go for a higher rated flow just for future-proofing (like for when I outgrow the Grobo or add a second unit)? Or would it flow too quickly to cool the water? I was thinking of getting the Vivosun 800gph submersible pump as it’s the best seller and only $25. I know 800gph sounds like overkill, but I’m accounting for possible exaggeration of claims, and also hose size affecting flow.
- Which size (inner diameter, outer diameter) would be optimal?
- Are clear hoses fine? Do I need the black ones that block out light?
- Does the material rigidity matter? Is soft or rigid best?
- Will flow be affected if I were to run the hose upward with the chiller on a table?
- Do I need them?
Misc.: Any other accessories I might need or pertinent info?
This is the link to the pump I mentioned btw: