Upgrades you would like to see in the future

Yay, there has been 2 new versions introduced to the world with a lot of the previous things we have requested. But I think its important to keep making suggestions so here goes.

I have personally been having a lot if issues with my grobo losing wifi and connection to the grobo network and my girl has suffered for it. Almost dying and getting sick.

I only found out she wasn’t being fed because I’m overly attentive and sent in requests to check my data. I think we should get some kind of notification that she need to reconnect wifi or that nutes aren’t being dispensed. It takes an extra step to contact and ask for stat analysis.
As grobo becomes more popular the tech guys are going to be spread thin. Some might fall through the cracks. Please guy give us notifications that something is not right. Maybe a notice that nutes are being dispensed. So we can keep track.

1 Like

Hey @Mcmanis , I think that’s a good idea. The Wifi notification would probably be something that could be done. As soon as Grobo disconnects from the servers an email could be sent notifying you of the disconnection.

Make sure that your wireless router or modem is close enough to your Grobo as well. This should aid in reducing periodic disconnections.

Also I know that you check on your girl often which is good thing. Just look at your light at the top. If she is flashing like a 70’s disco she ain’t getting no internet connection.

:green_thumb::beers:

3 Likes

@Mcmanis Grobo is able to still continue your recipe even with intermittent loss of internet connection. I can’t remember the exact length in time it’s possible, but I believe it is a few days.(fact check me) @SilverGrobo

I agree more notifications being blasted would benefit users.Grobo has beefed up their notifications since a year’s time , but more would be better. I know many users have asked to see more stats on their grow I want this as well.

The communication i’ve had with Grobo about the differences between units was refreshing. I was told no fan or major tech differences between the newer units and the ones already in the wild. The door was buffed not much more than a cosmetic upgrade! I do think Grobo continuing to make newer iterations is a good thing. The iphone 4 isnt as good as the iphone 10 x. A touch screen grobo one that has easier access say removable dwc water tank for sterilizing easier to reach components to clean more powerful lights and much more would be awesome!

3 Likes

Yes my recipe has continued in theory but because of the fact that my plant has been left starving twice do to my grobo not acknowledging that I drained and filled I win this argument. Do get me wrong I love my grobo just want a little notice before situations happen.

@Mcmanis,

--
*give us notifications that something is not right…

--
*intermittent loss of internet connection:

https://www.allgrowers.com/search?q=internet%20connection

--
*took a peek at your data and see the pH being a bit wonky. It was running really low at the end of your last grow…

((#AutoNotifications))… ((#GoodIdeas))… :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hearts:

Here’s another tidbit of info that may have helped you @Mcmanis

If memory serves me correct it can as much as 3 days without an internet connection but as stated above by @Chris if you have no internet while doing the drain and fill it will not dispense the nutes. I know this has nothing to do with notifications of lost WiFi I just thought this may help some.

3 Likes

I’ve always been connected to the internet. My grobo has drain issues. I cant take the lid off and take it apart because the plant is too big. I have to wait til she is done and just self dose her.

This one looks like a case of the bottom water level sensor not activating, because the drain tube isn’t pushed down to the bottom of the tank. We have seen it slide upwards in shipping. One hose should be at the bottom of the tank and one hose should be shorter. (The fill is shorter)

Stephen

5 Likes

I noticed this when hanging up the tubes, scratched my head as to why it appeared one tube was longer/shorter. :joy:

3 Likes