Notifications, we need the data!

We need to know when the light over heats, PH levels and all the data these units produce. I guess I need to put that electrical engineering degree to good use. Now where did I put that raspberry pi.

5 Likes

I 100% absolutely agree.

The entire reason I bought a Grobo was because it was already packed with sensors, and I assumed I would be able to leverage that data to make better decisions about my grow environment.

The end user not being able to see the realtime sensor data is crippling - so much so that ALL OF THE USERS on this forum are adding extra monitoring devices to keeps tabs on their grows. This adds dramatic hidden costs to the ownership of the Grobo device, duplicating sensors that we’ve already paid for and are currently functional. At this point it almost makes more sense to reverse-engineer the Grobo and build a similar box ourselves with a Raspberry Pi and various sensors that we could actually read data from… it would be less than half the cost and exponentially more useful.

Grobo’s “secret sauce” is in the nutrient dispensing algorithms for various “recipes”… it’s not the sensor data of the box. To make this device as valuable as it can possibly be, they should EXPOSE THE SENSOR DATA to the end user, in the app. End users absolutely require the capability to see data such as temperature, humidity, pH, water levels, etc to maintain an optimal grow space. Submitting a support ticket to get that information is unacceptable. There is ZERO technical reason to hide this data from the end users, so I can’t imagine what the business justification was to not make this data accessible.

The only justification I’ve seen so far on this forum from a Grobo employee was that providing the sensor data could be “confusing” and “overwhelming” to a new grower, which is simply absurd. This is like how Apple treats iOS and Mac users… thinking the users are too stupid to know what to do with the data, so you hide it from them, and it’s honestly insulting.

9 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Hmmm has a very valid argument :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe now they’ll update the app…? :slightly_smiling_face:
Personally, I’d love to know the PH, PPM, humidity and temp within the unit. I purchased a temp/humidity reader and some other items to go along with the unit (fan, metal hooks, etc…) and I’m entirely interested in having access to this information from Grobo. They use it to manage our units. I get that. But why can’t we see?

5 Likes