My tri-chomes are still clear...help

Hello everyone, 1st time grower in my Grobo. Ok, so I’m at the end of my grow with a beautiful tri-chome beast Liberty Haze. I’m in the final stage w/ 5 days left of “flushing” in my Grobo. But the tri-chomes are still very clear. What makes them turn amber? Should I extend my grow for another cycle (10days)? There’s no nutrients going into the water for the last 5 days…will the tri-chomes turn amber without nutrients? Or should I just give in & except that the tri-chomes are going to be clear & this batch is going to be more of a sativa high vs the tri-chomes being amber which is a more heavy/couch lock high? Thank you

2 Likes

@Pabber123,

(Yes, the Trichomes will keep ripening up in [Flush]): (Clear is not where you want to be when you [Harvest]):

((#YourGrowYourCall)): :herb:

((#Trichomes)): :eye::microscope::video_camera:

--

:eye::microscope::video_camera:

2 Likes

You can extend flush until they’re where you want them, or go back to Flower and feed them again. Like @SilverGrobo said, it’s your call. Read some posts on here to help you decide.

2 Likes

@Pabber123 ken it sounds like it needs some more time
You can extend the schedule. Days are only estimation and likely have to be adjuated.
Buy a small loupe so you can see the crystal heads.

2 Likes

I did buy a loop & that’s how I noticed they were still clear. I appreciate the advice

2 Likes

Good advice & thanks for the illustrations & video.
Good stuff!

2 Likes

Is there an advantage to feeding it again? I’m thinking if it’s in flush mode & I start feeding it again & THEN the tri-chomes turn amber. I’ll have to flush again & then it’ll become over ripe??
(If that’s even a thing)

1 Like

It would be wasted nutes at that point. You aren’t really increasing in size, and your flush is really to help with the taste. You are better off just extending the flush since you’re already in it. I had to extend mine, and the amber will come.

6 Likes

Perfect!! Thank you :+1:t2:

3 Likes