Hydroguard

Hey Growers, Day 4 of Germanation, some sign of life. I have Hydroguard to prevent root rot but haven’t added yet. When do you guys think I should add it? After first refill? Thanks

2 Likes

I add it once tap root is in water

2 Likes

You can hydro guard from the moment you first fill

2 Likes

You can add it anytime but I like starting mine after germination.

2 Likes

Yea I added hydroguard when first filled up grobo for germination day 1 and I’m on germination day 7 and lts looking wonderful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

5 Likes

The hydroguard is for the water, not directly for the plant itself. It helps to protect against bad bacteria growing in the water and harming the plant which can happen when water temperature hits 72°F+.

If you have water in the reservoir that’s a good time to start using it. If your water temperature stays below 70°F you might not need it but can still use it as a preventative measure.

Deciding when to use has nothing to do with the plant’s schedule; it’s never too early to start using it but it can be too late if it did get warm and bad stuff has already established a foothold.

Knowing the water temp at various points in day helps to determine if it’s necessary.

4 Likes

How much hydroguard do you apply to the reservoir?

@lyrix010,

--

(10 liters which is 2.6 gallons. The LED is a 300 watt 8 spectrum design):

--

1 Like

@SilverGrobo

And how many liters does the grobo water reservoir hold so I can know how many ml to add?

3 Likes

I add 5ml every drain and fill.

5 Likes

I add three teaspoons per drain and fill.

6 Likes