Grobo offical report / opinion

I just wanted to my grobo report really quick what I like about the system what I dont like about the system . The goods and the bad. For one the community you guys are great , I always can find help on here if need be . I’ve been here on grobo for alittle bit now , I wasnt a long time member , when the word got out to the usa I had to get grobo I mean who doesnt want a machine that grows for you :slight_smile: . The price eh if you understand the mechanics in it , it’s somewhat understandable . This is a hydrphonic self growing grow box … I mean come on the future is here guys ! I’ve spent all and all easily 3k on grobo … it’s been good , but some things do concern me . I’m going to go with the bad first and then we can discuss the way more positive side . Everyone manages to do things to thier boxes , air temp/ humidity/ water temp and not to mention ph . Controlling all at once and keeping an eye out can be hard , I’ve seen alot of people lose their crops over it … always shed a tear for those people and pray it doesnt happen to me . Humidity in my box stays very good 40 to 60 % and that’s all she wrote , inside box temps I never worry about my temp never reaches over 87 , I’ll be lucky if I even get that hot … I keep the grobo in my room with a 400$ remote fan on blast with the house on 70 because its florida . She stays at a nice temp but in most cases this is where you’re problems start is not having room temp the right control to keep this machine alright , most people have to buy a water chill and more whatever I’m sure we all have heard it … and that’s okay small fixes makes big things happen . My default on that side would be the size of the box even if I wanted more humidity I couldnt unless I went and found and bought something extra , I guess I’m really hoping in the future grobo will make TEMP controls and solutions for everything . I havent had a problem yet knock on wood but like I said , you go and buy something on amazon thinking it will fit in this little box it’s not going to work it takes up way too much space , another negative would be the AIR STONE , I see alot of people asking … and honestly … I hooked one up from the outside … so I have one internally hooked up and external plugged into the wall running into the hydrphonic box in the back , my plants never suffer any damadge not health problems … I’ve had people tell me purple stems or red stems mean you know an uneven balance of something … but with my water temp and my oxygen , the plant continues to thrive . More oxygen cant hurt the plant :slight_smile: , but that stock air stone … boy … yeah it’s a pos I’ll just say it lol sometimes mine works sometimes it doesnt … now FANS okay after three weeks i think you’re fans should be on running maybe on low depending on strain and time may vary , I honestly never though mine worked , untill one day i stuck a screw drive “small” screw driver and hit the fan , and let’s just say they work … I had to open my box and check connections I was scared at first , there is nothing major or anything to worry about with grobo unless something is really wrong … and everything is just going bad . I suggest the people who have a problem with the fan do the same except with a PAPER or PLASTIC straw to check those fans and see if they are going . Filling and draining times , yes it’s always good to change the water … but one thing I’ve learned with grobo you dont have to change it as often as they say , if you’re water temp is good and everything is okay and you’re using distilled over the counter water , you should have no problem using that water for 10 days I’ve done longer than that , but I wont speak on it lol … just me being lazy … still nothing bad has ever happened . Water levels can be confusing and honestly if that water line is right under that coco pod but not touching , you’re good to go . Sometimes I leave mine alittle high and let mother nature do its thing , maybe not the smartest thing to do but … me being lazy once again … and if a lazy grower and can grow like me , with the help of grobo if all things are working right YOU Will love this thing … LEDs diodes , amazing taste and flavor depending on the strain … i think one of my biggest defaults about this , is the wifi . I cant tell you how many times I’ve been like what the f**k with this thing and wifi and I have 2 wifi units in my house a 4g and 5g , and sometimes it’s still a pain … I get scared whenever she gets disconnect because the odds of getting connected back are slim as in right that moment but I’ve always gotten the wifi back up , I really think grobo , with how mechanically smart these guys are can make an app to make us growers lives and more easier when they said an app on my phone I thought an APP . Lol this isnt an app it’s a website used like an app , I just have an open folder in my internet browser for grobo and this FOURM , I think it would be much less of a hassle if grobo could bring both together AN APP AND FOURM in one . The fourm isnt just for grobo it’s for everyone , on here it’s like family, no one knows everything and everyone always gets along . Another thing I will say is know you’re grobos LEDS this will help you big time in the long run , if you’re connected disconnected , everything . I have taken the box apart myself and seen everything first hand and the engineering behind it is amazing . You can grow whatever you want … have a tomato or a strawberry lol , seriously whatever you can think of this thing has got you covered . Besides real trees the only trees grobo can grow is the ones you can consume :wink:
Pros
Less Maintenance
Growing timing
Yeild
Smell
Looks
Hydrophonic , hydrphonic is a strong big game changer for this box making you’re plants grow not by week or by day but by hour … you can see changes in you’re plant … and just watch everything take off … only other things I havent covered in this and I apologize for writing so much , I speak what’s on my mind . But PH is a big factor with this , I manually do ph after my additives . And I let the box do the rest … get the ph wrong … and you’re in trouble… not in big trouble grobo has yiure back but if you’re ph meter is down , you need to get a new probe asap . I’m on my second grow with over 170 days on my ph probe and still no problem … shes still chugging like Thomas!! I WONT be posting anymore full grows , I will snap little pics and post them after the grow is done or if I run into any issues where I’m just scratching my head . With that being said grobo IS worth the money … it’s a hobby , love it or hate it , take it or leave it … but this works as advertised . Very good customer service … dont worry to much … if you’re box is running wrong , our buddies in Canada got you covered … but 100% coming from 2nasty … even mommy loves the kush , and momma is 50 :laughing::grin::sweat_smile:

18 Likes

Oh and god bless you all I know we have different language people on here , I’m very fluent in Spanish so if anyone needs help, please let me know . no tengas miedo de enviarme un mensaje ,

9 Likes

Great post

2 Likes

Well said @Ray2nasty :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I’m bilingual, I can do French if ever need be guys and gals!

Merci!

7 Likes

Nice review. Apparently an app will be here shortly according to a Q&A video posted a couple months ago

4 Likes