Update on the dehumidifier…
So far so good…
Here’s the timeline of events:
9:30 AM - 53% RH outside Grobo and on dehumidifier, 56% inside Grobo
1:30 PM- Cracked a window about 1 inch since I saw outside it was 29% humidity, figured it would help.
4:00 PM- Got the RH on the unit to read 38%, meter outside Grobo was reading 35%, and inside my Grobo now was 40%
6:30 PM- Unit was reading 36%/37% up and down, inside Grobo now was 39% RH
10:00 PM - Humidity holding strong at the above values
2:30 AM- Woke up weirdly in the middle of the night for a minute, decided to go check the RH quick. Was reading at the same values above (give or take one or two % up/down)
4:30 AM- Dehumidifier reading at 39% RH, meter outside Grobo on the door reading at 34% RH… lights off until 5:00 AM but I was glad to see the room has stayed low all night. Window is still cracked 1 inch atm; hoping I won’t need it… Weather.com is saying its 86% Humidity outside, so I’m glad to see it didn’t shoot my values up in the room over night. I wanted to test whether the fresh air helps or hinders depending on the outside RH. When it was 29% outside it seemed to help drop the humidity in here; wanted to see what it would do when the outside humidity shot up like it typically will over night which would determine whether window open or closed is the way to go.
5:00 AM Lights on; Dehumidifier unit reading at 39/40% back and forth but mostly at 39%. Opened Grobo and was 41% humidity and 70.5F in there. Water temp 68.7F. Weather.com is saying 84% humidity outside currently; so it’s dropping outside so I can imagine the worst of the night is over with.
Overall, pretty happy with the drops I’ve had from the time I turned it on untl this morning. 24 hour high is 57% and 24 hour low is 37% inside the Grobo. Hoping I can continue success in this area until the end. If 39/40% RH is the best I can do, I’m still happy with that compared to where it was floating for the past week which was 55-60% consistently. I emptied it last night around 9 PM and that was roughly 12 hours running and only a half tank full of water. Only a 2.5 L Tank but I think it’s gonna work fine
P.S. She didn’t stretch a whole lot last night, maybe half an inch if that… seems like less of a growth rate compared to the past 2-3 days, and now I’m seeing instead of just “pistils” producing it looks like she’s budding up now and starting flowers! Excited I can already tell the difference as her branches seemed to appear “heavier” and kinda started slumping a tiny bit (from the added weight). I think the plant is going to respond by strengthening up the stems here soon Kinda reminds me of how dandelions look when they are flowering, they get kinda heavy at the top until the bust open and straighten out!
I did some re-arranging of the metal hooks and my support wires to keep the branches spread out and straight, and some more leaf tucking and movement to try to make sure the bud sites all have light for the day.
I know that my Flower stage is out of 23 days but I can tell right now I’m extending at least a week if not two judging by how far along the buds are currently.
Also, got these arriving today/tomorrow:
24 magnets total for the Grobo now
I felt like I needed a few more to help guide the branches and use for more tie off points possibly.