Constant PH dosing or "Why the hell can't I see the data in my machine without opening a support ticket?"

Dried my last harvest and started a new one on Saturday. When I went to check the plant yesterday, I noticed 3/4 of the bottle of Nutrient 1 has been used in ~72 hours (full when I planted). Opened a support ticket and Stephen advised it’s been dosing EVERY HOUR trying to get the PH up.

Are you kidding me? This thing has known it was having trouble for days and the only way to detect it is to open a support ticket? No, seriously, @Stephen, @bjorn, are you kidding me?

I’m about to setup an automatic mail to be sent everyday to support@grobo.io to tell me my PH, EC and Environmental data, basic information I feel should be available to me since I paid for all the hardware. This is absolutely unacceptable to charge more than $2k on a machine, not including required add-ons, and not even have it alert you when it’s having trouble. Hell, give me access to my data and I’ll monitor it myself. This Apple-esque approach to “a seamless experience” while hiding access to my hardware is insane.

If this seed dies, I’ll be going 100% manual with nutrients and just using the light to maintain a mother while I look for a prospective buyer to offload. For way less money I can get Smartthings to alert me when there’s an issue.

3 Likes

@Tito,

Now that I’m coming more familiar with all the information that is coming at me, I’m wanting to know the (ins and outs) of the more detailed data too:

No need for this happening for no reason: :scream:

((#LockNutrients)): until you know how the plant takes to them and go from there:

--

((#BooBoo)): :adhesive_bandage:

Summary

One Day Not Cleaning my (PHprobe) (PHsensor): :scream:

Brown spots on leaves

--

((#Ticket)): :ticket::tickets:

https://support.grobo.io

((#PHprobe)): ((#PHsensor)):

--

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

((#GoodIdeas)): :bulb:

--

3 Likes

I wish they had a basic growers mode & an advanced growers mode. Basic how it is now with the help of support. Advanced for the growers who want to see there stats & adjust there formula.

3 Likes

Hey @Tito,

We totally hear you and understand the frustration. We want our growers to have the tools to understand how the unit is working and giving more information on the status of your system is a priority right now.

For the past few months our software team has been working on new algorithms to detect issues in the system. Just yesterday they pushed it to the back end so that we can start seeing potential problems on the admin side and confirming that the algorithms are all working.

It will still take a few months of testing and refinements before you see anything in the app, but we’re making the Grobo smarter every day. You can expect that more information about the health of your system will be shared down the road.

-Bjorn

6 Likes

From a new grower, this is a must. We call this a set it and forget it (I got the email today) but the truth is that’s not at all the case; not even close. This is a lot of work and without being a leaf whisperer, most of it seems to be guess work. It’s difficult to create a ticket when you don’t know something is an issue. My pump didn’t work for 2 days and bottle # 5 didn’t work for the first 40 and having never grown before, I didn’t know this wasn’t the way the unit should perform. This is too technical a product to be calling it “plant and harvest” especially when we don’t have this information available.

Really looking forward to the changes.

1 Like