My experiences where limited to what happens after germination. I figured if I can get the seed to pop, then the Grobo will do the rest. The plant really needed to be filled weekly with distilled water, other than that, my experiences were not all that eventful.
The lollipop-ping, well it was interesting to say the least. If I took off the bottom branches, the plant might have slipped lower through the hole. But, who knows, the roots might float the plant and keep it from sinking deeper into the reservoir. The coco pod essentially disentigrated when the root grew so large the pod just got in the way. Some people might wanna remove it, but maybe just leaving it can’t hurt. But bits and pieces of it could clog the pump.
I would have liked to have had a larger cola on the main stem, but these things happen because the other branches had started to flower. The number of leaves under the lights I’m told is important, so staying on top of trimming the leaves that are simply wasting nutrients is a bit cumbersome.
I can say that the more the plants that grows, the easier lollipoping, drying and curing should become.