Question: do you use a diluted cleaning solution in the reservoir to clean the lines and the basin and sensors between grows with the drain and fill ?
I’ll be doing the same this weekend. Getting her all cleaned and ready to go.
Ok just so I understand fully. I’ll start from where I’m almost at on my first grow the harvesting part
- Select end grow and cut down my glorious plant.
- Go through full cleaning procedure.
- Make sure my probe is wet in a baggy with KCI pH probe storage solution.
- Hang my glorious plant.
- Select drying recipe.
- Once buds are dry take them out and begin curing process in jars.
- Replace probes in their respective holders in DWC tank.
- Replace all empty nute bottles.
- Put seed in dampened coco pod.
- Start new recipe.
So this is the process in my head and it makes perfect sense to me lol. The one question I have is that drain and fill for the cleaning process works even if you aren’t currently using a recipe.
Also I’m assuming the drying recipe won’t require me to fill the reservoir.
Put your probs in tap water. Do not leave them in distilled water or RO water for any extended amount of time. This is bad for them. The best thing to put them in is your pH probe KCL storage solution. The same solution that the probe came with when you unpacked it.
I learned that after the fact. I bought a bottle of that solution for the next time. Used it with my portable pH pen