Cannabis Honey Oil

Hey everyone,

Just thought I’d share a picture of my most recent batch of honey oil. Any interest in finding out how to make it? What the difference between honey oil and cherry oil is? How it’s used? Hit me up with questions!

This came in from another thread:

Can you talk about HOney Oil. Never heard of it…

I sure can! I’ll give you a quick introduction and if there is enough interest, I can expand with a video or some pics of the process.

Cannabis concentrates can be made many ways. This process involves soaking cannabis in 99% isopropyl alcohol, then evaporating that alcohol. Honey oil goes through a process called winterization that helps to remove unwanted substances, like plant waxes, fats and chlorophyll. The result is a much cleaner and clearer oil. Cherry oil skips the winterization process, and is thus much darker, resembling molasses more than honey.

Can you talking about soaking it in Iso-Pro alcohol or if you are planning on making a video … that would be great

The process is the same for either honey oil or cherry oil, and the process can be repeated 2-3 times with the same starting material. The grade of your finished oil will diminish with each successive run, but for many is still viable. So here is a rundown of what I do.

Using sweet leaf and popcorn bud in my mix, you can use your best buds or your trim, it’s up to you.

1. Place both the 99% isopropyl and the cannabis into a freezer for 24 hours min. Cannabis is in a glass mason jar with sealing lid.
  2. Remove both from the freezer and immediately pour the iso over the cannabis, covering 3/4 of the jar.
  3. Seal it up and swirl to ensure all of the cannabis gets a chance to have it’s turn in the solution.
  4. Pour the solution through a coffee filter onto a pyrex dish. My 1st run is a 20 second soak, 2nd is 2 minutes.
  5. Place a fan over the dish and allow the alcohol to evaporate. (This can get smelly)
  6. Using a razor blade, scrape the oil into a small glass container like a shot glass.
  7. Place the shot glass in front of a space heater on high until the bubbles stop. (Careful, the oil will expand and possibly spill here)
  8. Place into your final storage container.

You now have made your 1st batch of oil! If it was frozen it’s honey oil, if not it’s cherry oil. Congrats.

:wink:

@Stephen that’s awesome thanks for the info, what are the return ratios? From your experience anyway? Another question what is the consistency like? The picture there looks more like a sap than oil to me