Air Stone not working!

The water is just sitting there for a week now and I’m not getting any bubbles working even after cleaning. Can I replace with my own?

2 Likes

Good question! I’d like to know the answer to this as well for the future. Shitty that happened to you though

1 Like

I don’t think it would hurt. I found a bigger airstone I like it says for hydroponics.

1 Like

I know I got one too but idk if it would fit. And the Grobo airstone seems secured on the bottom idk how I would secure mine. Mines a stubby cylinder shape and a bit bigger than our current one.

What I’d like to know is can we take ours out for a proper cleaning? I’m sure they get clogged over time. The one I have says to clean after every grow, to soak in boiling water and then a light scrub with a soft brush

1 Like

@Kenny_planter it sounds like it’s a pump issue and not directly your air stone. @Osage can point you in the right direction for a temporary pump fix, you’ll need that right away if you havent been getting oxygen for a week. Unless you haven’t got a plant in there currently then not as big of a rush

2 Likes

You need to go to a pet store or Walmart/target type of store and grab a cheap air pump and disconnect the tub from the old pump and connect to new pump … this will fix it until they fix your unit

3 Likes

Kenny do this, take your hose off your pump and add your own external pump like this:

7 Likes

Is that at the back of the unit ? Thank you all for the quick answers as well. I really appreciate it

4 Likes

Yes, that little square you can take off with that thumb screw, then just take your hose off the shitty pump and put on your new one

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ll try that ASAP! Thank you

3 Likes

No worries :+1::v:

4 Likes

Any luck @Kenny_planter? :crossed_fingers:

Mine stopped working, so replaced it with a cheap air pump. I had other reasons to be inside my unit and noticed that the internal pump was vibrating so I reconnected it and it has been ok since. Try unplugging the unit then plugging it back in.

1 Like