2nd grow same genetics - Black Widow 2.0

Day 2 of veg. Going to take my learnings from the first grow and see what happens:

Have another grow (about 1 week later start) in a Grandmas Secret Garden. Same genetics on 2 of the plants. This is going to be fun!

Grobo vs Grandmas Secret Garden vs a box I built with a friend (coming soon).

9 Likes

Day 8 of late veg. Grobo falling way behind. Had some heat/algae issues in Grandmas garden. And finally have my homemade box going:

Not sure what light the grobo is using, but the secret garden has a Mars Hydro 600 and the homemade box has a Parafactworks RA1000

4 Likes

Looking good! One thing I noticed in your grobo is that your cocopod is raised. Typically you want the top of the pod to be flush with the bottom of your unit, not raised out like that. But it appears your plant is doing well so it may be better to leave it. If you start to notice any deficiencies, lift your lid and make sure the roots are coming through properly. (That could be part of the reason for the slow grow early on too)

3 Likes

Thanks Chad! I had severe germination issues on the first go - lost 3 seeds to drowning. I lifted the coco and voila! Germination the way it should be. I’m not sure if it’s a structural issue, or what, but if I push the coco down, it rests in the water and is too wet. This girl germinated immediately and the coco is staying damp without being wet.

She’s starting to really liven up. I’ll update with a better pic.

4 Likes